HUMANIST is a federation of research organisations which together are a Virtual Centre of Excellence (VCE) in 4 areas (and the interaction between them):
- HMI – Human Machine Interaction
- Human behaviour in traffic
- ITS – Intelligent Transport Systems
- Vehicle automation
More concretely this means that HUMANIST:
- is a platform that fosters and facilitates cooperation between its member organisations
- is a meeting place for researchers, where they learn and share experience
- is a valuable source of expertise for the research community, industry and policy makers.
The HUMANIST network is approachable, cooperative, flexible and quality oriented.